How do doctors go about treating Inflammation or Inflammatory Problems? Mostly they prescribe drugs that cover the symptoms without addressing the underlying cause(s) of those symptoms. Very often, the drugs that are used are chosen for their anti-inflammatory effects. If you know anything about this class of drugs, you realize that it can be problematic. We already know that ANTI-INFLAMMATION DRUGS have numerous serious side effects. But what other problems do these drugs present as far as dealing with Chronic Inflammatory Degenerative Diseases are concerned? I'm glad you asked.
All of this begs the question of how we go about removing (or at least reducing) excess inflammation from our bodies? The process itself is fairly simple, but accomplishing it is not quite so easy --- at least at first. This is because true reduction of inflammation and inflammatory processes in your body is not something your doctor can do for you. It's something you are going to have to do on your own. I've broken it down for you into a few easy-to-understand steps; steps that if you follow, you could very well see a huge reduction of your symptoms ---- even if you are dealing with the dreaded MUPS.
- CHANGE YOUR DIET / CONTROL BLOOD SUGAR: You knew it was coming and probably suspected it would be at the top of the list. You were right. Failure to strictly regulate your blood sugar can set off a cascade of health-related problems --- even if you are not yet "officially" Diabetic (HERE). On top of that, you may need to go GLUTEN FREE as well (click the link to see how to do it properly). If you really want to begin understanding how and what you should eat, read THIS POST.
- DRINK MORE WATER AND DRINK ONLY WATER: WATER will help you put out the fire. I am not opposed to you making an anti-inflammatory tea to drink either. This could be a Green Tea base, with lemon, CINNAMON, Turmeric, Circumin, Ginger, etc, etc, in it. Whatever you do, stay away from the soda --- particularly the DIET SODA.
- EAT YOUR VEGGIES: If you spend much time on this site, you'll never mistake me for a vegetarian / vegan (HERE). However, your diet should be based on vegetation. In fact, Dr. David Seaman's RULE OF THUMB as far as reducing inflammation is, "Eat vegetation or animals that ate vegetation". It is important to remember that grain is not vegetation.
- GET SOME EXERCISE EACH AND EVERY DAY: I get it. There are a few of you reading this post who, for whatever reason, cannot exercise. Key word here; "few". Find something you can do and do it. HERE are some posts you should read prior to getting started.
- REDUCE STRESS: Some of the bullet points on this list would count as stress reduction. Stress creates ADRENAL FATIGUE, which in and of itself can produce Chronic Pain and weight gain --- both signs of Inflammation.
- HAVE MORE SEX: It seems that every statistic I see on sexual frequency of married couples is worse (that would be lower) than the one before it. A bit over a decade ago, married couples were being intimate 132 times per year. Three years ago that number had dropped by about 20%. The latest study I saw was saying it's now 85 times per year. With the collective health of our nation being what it is, I'm not surprised. If you are having problems in this area (or simply wanting to improve things), take a few minutes to read THESE POSTS.
- TAKE ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SUPPLEMENTS: Some of these you can make yourself (like the Green Tea I mentioned earlier). And do not under any circumstances forget the PGFO. But remember, simply taking products to put out the fire without doing anything to dry up the fire's fuel source, is not going to work over the long haul. This is true whether the products are drugs or supplements.
- CLEAR YOUR BODY OF TOXINS: Toxicity comes in many forms, including Estrogen, chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, medicines, etc, etc. Learn what it takes to get this junk out of your body and do it (HERE).
- UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF GUT HEALTH: 80% of your entire Immune System is found in your digestive tract (HERE). Inflammation is an Immune System response. Until you grasp the significance of the old saying, "heal the gut, heal the body," solving your health issues could prove elusive (HERE).