THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CHILDHOOD VACCINATIONS & CHILDHOOD EAR INFECTION
Dr. Odent is also quoted in the International Vaccination Newsletter (Sept. 1994) as saying: "Immunized children have more ear infections and spend more days in hospital." This is not what the medical community hoped to hear from one of their own. However, neither is it really anything new. If you look at THIS STUDY published in the December 1987 issue of The Journal of Autism Development Disorders, you will see that doctors have known for a quarter century that vaccines cause higher rates of EAR INFECTIONS (Regardless of what the medical profession is saying, there is a definite link between childhood vaccinations and AUTISM; and autism and decreased immune system function & ear infections).
A 2004 STUDY done in Africa (the first ever of its kind) compared overall death rates of vaccinated children with unvaccinated children, and showed not only did vaccinations not decrease the death rate as was expected, it actually increased it four times, when on a normal vaccination schedule! Although this explosive study was buried to the degree it could be (A COMMON PRACTICE), it has recently resurfaced in the form of a BBC Documentary. However, this is not the focus of today's blog.
ANTI-EAR INFECTION VACCINATIONS
There are actually vaccines that are marketed for the specific purpose of preventing ear infections.
- Prevnar: Wyeth
- Prevnar 13: Pfizer
- Synflorix: GlaxoSmithKline
Since Prevnar (a pneumonia vaccine that is being touted as a preventative for ear infections) was given the "thumbs up" by the FDA in 2000, there have been a wide array of problems associated with its use. If we look at data from VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System), we see nearly 30,000 "Adverse Events" (Be aware that dozens of studies confirm (HERE) that at best, only about 1 in 20 Adverse Events are ever reported). These "events" included:
- 558 deaths
- 555 life threatening conditions
- 238 permanent disabilities
- 2,584 hospitalizations
- 101 prolonged hospitalizations
- 8,166 emergency room visits
- 16,155 "not serious".
Some of the more "interesting" facts about Prevnar concern things like.......
- It has never been tested to see if it is carcinogenic. But then again, no vaccines are. Drug makers won an exemption from the FDA for this (fascinating in light of today's research between dormant viruses and malignancies). The "Trust Us" warning paper inside each bottle says, "Prevnar has not been evaluated for any carcinogenic or mutagenic potential, or impairment of fertility." In other words, they don’t know if it causes cancer, mutates into other illnesses, or impairs people’s ability to have children).
- Dr. J. Bart Classen, an immunologist at Classen Immunotherapies, on a similarly structured vaccine, the Hemophilus Vaccine for Meningitis, published data in a 1999 issue of the British Medical Journal supporting a causal relationship between the Hemophilus vaccine and the development of insulin dependent DIABETES. Dr. Classen had told the FDA that the Prevnar PCV-7 may be seven times as toxic as the Hemophilus Vaccine, possibly causing an estimated 400 to 700 children to develop insulin dependent diabetes per 100,000 children vaccinated. These cases of diabetes will probably not occur until 3.5 to 10 years following vaccination. By the way, ask DR HUGH FUDENBERG if this sort of revelation wins you any friends in the medical research community.
- Reporter Valeri Williams of News 8 of Dallas TX aired a two part expose on Prevnar. Although the video has been taken off of News 8's website (not a surprise), a shocking transcript of her well-researched program can be found HERE.
- Not surprisingly, there was an investigation (after approval, of course) into the financial conflicts of interest between the group of doctors who researched Prevnar, developed Prevnar, and OK'd Prevnar. For those of you who still believe that the FDA is looking out for your health, safety, and best interest ----- careful; you may vomit if you spend the two minutes it takes to read the posts filed under EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE.
- And what about the comment from The American Academy of Pediatrics: "Available data suggest that PCV-7 (the Prevnar vaccine) may prove to be among the most reactogenic vaccine of those currently used". More so than the MMR vaccine that is heavily associated with AUTISM? More so than the DPT, which is heavily associated with SIDS and brain damage? Wow.
- Four years ago, a trial by GlaxoSmithKline on their "Prevnar-look-a-like" Synflorix, was linked to 14 deaths in a 24,000 infant study in Argentina. Ana Maria Marchesse, a pediatrician who heads the Health Professionals' Labor Association, pointed out to Argentina's FDA that parents didn’t know the vaccine was experimental, and many of those who signed the consent forms were illiterate. The study was halted ---- temporarily. The next year, the drug won FDA approval.
- Two years ago (November 2009), the Dutch government announced that three babies died within two weeks (between one and 11 days) of receiving the vaccine. Although they pulled the potentially "hot" batch, the pharmaceutical giant PFIZER stated that there were "no links" between their vaccine and the deaths, describing what happened as "coincidental". However, the statement from spokeswoman for the Dutch Health Institute (RIVM) was quite amazing: “On average about 5 to 10 deaths are reported annually after babies get vaccines. We now have three cases in a short period; that is unusual, and the reason for suspending the batch.”
- Recently, two separate scientific studies showed that Prevnar actually causes chronic ear infections ---- the very thing it is marketed to prevent (HERE).
- Oh, and by the way, THE UK HAS ALREADY SCRAPPED PNEUMONIA VACCINES BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK! Again, Prevnar and its copycats are all Pneumonia Vaccines that are being marketed as Ear Infection Vaccines.
SO, IF PREVNAR IS SO DANGEROUS, HOW DID IT GET APPROVED IN THE FIRST PLACE?
The first thing you have to understand is that studies (especially vaccine studies that do not require a true "control group") can be set up in such ways as to prove anything you want. If the methodology is poor, the results cannot be trusted. One such study (the main study on Prevnar safety) was the Northern California Kaiser Permanente Prevnar Efficacy Trial conducted from October 1995 through August, 1998. The study involved 37,816 infants who received either the Prevnar vaccine or a "Control Vaccine" at two, four, six and 12-15 months of age.
In this study; of the 17,066 subjects who received at least one dose of the Prevnar vaccine, the researchers recorded:
- 162 visits to the hospital emergency room within 3 days of vaccination, including 20 cases of seizure, 15 cases of otitis media (ear infection), six cases of pneumonia and 1 case of sepsis.
- 24 hospitalizations, including two cases of pneumonia, one case of Otitis Media and one case of congestive heart failure.
- 12 deaths, including five cases of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome, meaning sudden, unexplained deaths) and seven cases that could have had another reason to explain the death.
The final boot in the butt is that the experimental vaccine does not even have to be compared to one that is already approved and known to be safe. In this study, the Prevnar vaccine was compared to another experimental (unapproved) vaccine (for meningitis). And since it so happened that the other experimental vaccine produced even more deaths than Prevnar, it was pronounced "safe" by our FDA.
Does any of this really matter? Not if you are a drug manufacturer who is interested in nothing but your bottom line (HERE). On Thursday, November 17, 2011, the FDA voted to extend pneumonia vaccine to adults (remember, Prevnar is a pneumonia vaccine that is marketed for ear infections in children.
DOES PREVNAR PREVENT EAR INFECTIONS, OR DOES IT ACTUALLY CAUSE EAR INFECTIONS?
I have touched on some of this research already. But rather than me answer this question for you, I will let someone smarter than I do it (HERE).
- PART I ---- Childhood Ear Infections (Video Testimonials)
- PART II ---- What You can do to Help Prevent Ear Infections in Your Children (Video of Ear)
- PART III --- Childhood Ear Infections & the Relationship to Vaccinations
- PART IV --- What does the Scientific Research Actually say Concerning Ear Infections?