(DEGENERATIVE JOINT DISEASE)
A PARADIGM SHIFT DESIGNED TO MISLEAD THE MASSES
THE TOP CAUSES OF SPINAL DEGENERATION
- AGE: Like I said earlier, if we live long enough, we will all end up with at least some degenerative changes in our spines. It's the nature of the beast. However, you must also be aware that this happens to be the most convenient scape goat for CHRONIC PAIN as well.
- THE ABNORMAL BIOMECHANICS CAUSED BY OLD INJURIES & ABNORMAL POSTURES: Cartilage and Spinal Discs have virtually no blood supply. Why does this matter? Because blood brings the things that cells, organs, and tissues need to live (water, food, oxygen). It also prevents cellular toxicity by carrying away waste products. Loss of, or abnormal joint motion is the known cause of Degenerative Arthritis. Over time, abnormal biomechanics cause degeneration; while degeneration causes abnormal biomechanics. More on this in just a moment.
- PROCESSED FOODS: The brilliant dentist, DR. WESTON PRICE, wrote the book on this very subject back in 1939 (Nutrition & Physical Degeneration. He and his wife traveled the world, seeking out 10 cultures that had examples of indigenous people who had never been introduced to processed food, and people who were eating processed food (mostly commercially milled flour and white sugar). Suffice it to say that Dr. Price (a dentist) shows you the proof that besides making you fat and causing a whole host of well-understood health problems, processed foods destroy / rot the structure of the physical body ---- bones and teeth. Amazing man -- amazing book! If you do nothing else, take a minute or two to click on the previous link and look at the pictures taken by Price and his wife. Shocking!
The problem is, it has become easy ----- "convenient" might be a better word ----- for the medical community to blame all degenerative changes in the spine and skeletal system on age. Well after all Mrs. Jones; you just have to expect this kind of thing. (While patting your shoulder, nodding the head, and looking at you with that "sorry; it's just too bad" look) You just aren't as young as you used to be. Why is it convenient to tell all patients stories like this? Because it is a statement that contains just enough truth to make us think it is true. Besides that, it goes hand in hand with the marketing coup that has been accomplished over the past 5-10 years. You see; if doctors can convince their patients that most of their health problems (including Degenerative Arthritis) are caused by age and not lifestyle, they can sell them on the new name change --- DJD / DDD. And then they can sell them on a lifetime of drugs and surgery. That's right Mrs Jones; you now have a "disease" in your spine.
Our medical community has bailed on the old names used for describing this process (as well as the explanations of why it came to be there in the first place) and replaced them with "diseases". For people with spinal problems, we now have Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD), and for those whose problems involve non-spinal joints, we have Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD). Many times these two terms are used interchangeably.
It is a great tactic if your goals are financially motivated. Tack the word "disease" onto the end of any health problem, tell people that there is really nothing that can be done about it other than taking various drugs and INJECTIONS, then let them know that SURGERY is inevitable. It's just a matter of time Mrs Jones. But is this being fair with patients? Is it being truthful? Is it looking out for the patient's best interest? I say not! Educating patients about the way that this process really works? Fuhhhhhhget about it! There is too much money at stake to tell people the truth. Besides, it would require some extra time and effort.
It is critical to understand that even subtle changes in joint motion that result from CAR WRECKS, heavy or repetitive work over time, poor posture, SPORTS INJURIES, or any other things that change the way that joints work, have the ability to cause joint degeneration. Loss of joint motion causes degeneration, but degeneration causes loss of joint motion. It becomes a terribly vicious cycle that is seemingly always blamed on one's age.
Tackling degenerative spines the natural way can produce amazing results. Sometimes this is best served with CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENTS. Often times TISSUE REMODELING can be a huge part of the solution. At other times, COLD LASER THERAPY might be called for. Many of these approaches will need some form of NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT --- particularly if your diet has been poor over the years. Sometimes, combinations of these things are required. And in case you need SPINAL DECOMPRESSION THERAPY, Schierling Chiropractic, LLC provides all of the things listed above (and several others) in a package deal that is incorporated into our Spinal Decompression Protocols.
Call Cheryl at (417) 934-6337 to set up a free, no-obligation consult with Dr. Schierling. Your problem may be more manageable than you ever believed. Whether your problem requires a chiropractic, soft tissue work, Spinal Decompression Therapy, or a nutritional approach, we may have the solution you have been searching for.
Schierling Chiropractic, LLC is located in Mountain View, MO (South Highway 17 between the Kingdom Hall & Christian Church --- across from A-1 Storage).
Notice the Degenerative Discs / Bone Spurs in the Middle of this Person's Neck
- WEST PLAINS: (30 minutes)
- WILLOW SPRINGS: (15 minutes)
- SUMMERSVILLE: (15 minutes)
- THAYER / MAMMOTH SPRINGS: (one hour -- less if you come through Rover)
- BIRCH TREE: (15 minutes)
- CABOOL: (30 minutes)
- MOUNTAIN GROVE: (40-45 minutes)
- WINONA: (30 minutes)
- EMINENCE: (40-45 minutes)
- VAN BUREN, MO: (45 minutes)
Springfield, Poplar Bluff, Rolla, and Mountain Home, Arkansas are all about an hour and a half drive. St. Louis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Memphis are in the four hour neighborhood (St Louis is closer to three hours). For more information, visit our CONTACT page.