SCAR TISSUE REMOVAL OR SCAR TISSUE REMODEL?
If you have spent any time whatsoever on my website, you will realize that I am extensively involved with scar tissue (FASCIAL ADHESIONS, TENDINOSIS, TORN MUSCLES, and INJURED LIGAMENTS). I believe that Scar Tissue is very frequently the "missing link" for people who cannot seem to hold an adjustment even though CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENTS are about the only thing that seem to help them. You can begin to get an idea of the effectiveness of dealing with Scar Tissue by taking a couple of minutes to look at our PATIENT TESTIMONIAL VIDEOS.
Interestingly enough, I have had several patients who were frustrated because they Googled "Scar Tissue Removal" and could not find us. This is because I am not in the business of Scar Tissue Removal, I am in the business of Scar Tissue Remodeling. The difference is as significant as the difference between the above pictures.
Scar Tissue is weaker, less elastic, and up to 1,000 times more pain sensitive than normal tissue. It is a prime culprit in numerous CHRONIC PAIN SYNDROMES as well as DEGENERATIVE ARTHRITIS. Oh, and unlike the gross adhesions seen in Scar Tissue Removal, much of the Scar Tissue Remodeling I do is performed on people who have had one or more MRI's, and not learned a thing from them. In other words, the kind of Scar Tissue that I deal with on a day-to-day basis does not show up on CT or MRI.
If it is Scar Tissue Removal you are after, you need to find a really good surgeon who is up on the very latest technology and techniques (for instance, with Endometriosis, wrapping adhesed areas in disolvable "Proteolytic Enzyme Wraps" is showing some promise). If it is Scar Tissue Remodeling you want, call Cheryl at 417-934-6337 to schedule a consultation today.
"When a patient experiences painful persistent sciatica - pain radiating down the leg - physicians often look only for a herniated lumbar disk relying upon lumbar MRI scanning. Surgery for the disk herniation is often carried out to treat the sciatica. Most spine specialist consider piriformis syndrome to be extremely rare. However, the authors conclude that although it is rarely diagnosed, it is actually a common cause of sciatica - possibly as common as the well known herniated disk syndromes."
SO, WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME?
CHECK OUT A FEW OF OUR LATEST VIDEO TESTIMONIALS
CHRONIC NECK PAIN, UPPER BACK PAIN, AND HEADACHES
CHRONIC NECK PAIN, UPPER BACK PAIN, AND HEADACHES
CHRONIC PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME
NECK PAIN, HEADACHES, AND PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME
SHOULDER AND NECK PROBLEMS
WHOLE BODY VIBRATION
The reality is that Whole Body Vibration is nothing new. The ancient Greeks were using similar technology to increase athletic performance as did the Eastern Bloc countries of the Cold War era. One of the things that was noticed during the research / testing process for the early vibration machines, was that WBV seemed to increase bone density. Of course, this got the attention of NASA, who got into the WBV research game while looking for something to prevent bone loss in astronauts spending weeks, or even months in a zero gravity situation.
HOW DOES WHOLE BODY VIBRATION WORK?
Expert in the field, Exercise Physiologist and Nutritionist, Dr. Chantal Vella of University of Idaho, explains it this way:
The current theory is that whole-body vibration stimulates the body’s natural stretch reflex and causes muscle contractions in much the same way that a doctor’s tapping below a patient’s patella with a reflex hammer elicits a knee-jerk response. The stretch reflex is controlled by stretch receptors called muscle spindles that are located in skeletal muscle. Muscle spindles are usually activated when a muscle is under a static stretch or is quickly stretched or overstretched, causing a reflex contraction of the muscle. With whole-body vibration, this reflex action is continually stimulated, so a muscle continues to contract and relax until the vibration stops. In addition, studies have reported that activation of one muscle spindle will cause a reflex contraction and relaxation in many adjacent muscles.
Muscle spindles work by activating motor neurons (nerves) in the spinal cord; these neurons initiate movement by sending signals from the brain to the muscles. Voluntary activation of motor neurons is a limiting factor in muscular force production. The improvements in muscular force production with whole-body vibration are a direct result of increased motor neuron activation by muscle spindles, leading to increased motor unit recruitment and force production. Whole-body vibration stimulates fast-twitch (type 2) motor units, which are usually recruited during high-intensity, explosive movements or whenever slow-twitch (type 1) motor units are maximally recruited. As a result, long-term, exhaustive exposure to whole-body vibration can lead to muscular fatigue and muscle soreness.
But what about the research? Oh, the research is there all right. Not the kind of research done in some fly-by-night, rinky-dink, never-heard-of-that-one-before type of places. But instead; major Universities, Medical Schools, and even people associated with NASA. You will see lots of claims about WBV's ability to help with a diverse and seemingly unrelated number of health problems. In fact, there are studies showing that WBV can help people with neurological problems like MS, PARKINSON'S, Cerebral Palsy, as well as several others. There is strong evidence that WBV is capable of helping people with everything from DIABETES to OBESITY, Osteoporosis to Cardiovascular conditions, Fitness to FIBROMYALGIA.
It is also helpful for many people suffering with balance disorders. My theory is that WBV is seriously strengthening the Cerebellum --- the part of the brain that not only contains your vibratory sense, but also controls spinal postural muscles. Although people that suffer from specific health problems or diseases may or may not find WBV to be a solution for their particular problem, I am going to leave you with a list that cannot be debated. The following is a list of the things that WBV has been clinically proven to do in the peer-reviewed Scientific Literature.....
- Increased Flexibility & Range of Motion (Decreases Muscle Tightness)
- Improved Balance / Equilibrium and Coordination
- Provides Benefits of both Anaerobic and Aerobic Exercise
- Increases Physical Strength, Coordination, and Endurance
- Reduces Joint Pain as well as Ligamentous Stress
- Improves Bladder Problems / Incontinence by Aiding Pelvic Floor Function
- Helps Relieve Menopausal Symptoms as well as PMS (HERE)
- Increases Neurotransmitters Serotonin and Neurotrophins ---- Reduces Depression (HERE)
- Decreases the Body's #1 Stress Hormone --- Cortisol (HERE)
- Enhances Conventional Athletic Training Results and Speeds Training Recovery (HERE)
- Increased Proprioceptive Stimulation --- Pain Reduction (HERE)
- Improves Collagen Production (HERE)
- Relieves Tension and Chronic Pain in Ankles, Knees, Back and Neck (HERE)
- Better Posture
- Increased Circulation, Oxygenation, and Lymph Drainage
- Decreased Blood Pressure
- Increases Secretion of Hormones Critical to the Regeneration and Repair Processes. These Include HGH (Human Growth Hormone), IGF-1, and Testosterone
- Increased Tendon Strength (HERE)
- Increased Basal Metabolic Rate
- Accelerated Weight Loss (HERE)
AMERICA'S DRUG CULTURE
What should stats like these tell us? Don't fool yourselves; the problem is not that Americans do not have access to healthcare. The truth is that no one goes to the doctor more than Americans. The problem is that we have become an overtly sedentary nation who loves fast food and screens.
We are not interested in taking care of our own health any more. Oh no; that's waaaaaaaay too difficult. We like things that other people do for us. That way we don't have to exert or discipline ourselves. And what's more, we want someone else to pay for the consequences our lifestyle choices (the foods we eat, the CIGARETTES we smoke, the 8 hours of daily television, etc). But hey; that's now the American way. Let the government take care of me from cradle to grave (HERE). Here are the latest stats.
- Over 260 million prescriptions were written for the pediatric population in 2010 (about 75 million).
- A whopping 3.3 billion prescriptions were written for America's adult population in 2010. This represents an 11% increase from 2002 (population size adjustment included).
Of these, ADHD prescriptions increased the fastest (nearly 50% in the pediatric group), but the number one prescribed drug for children is still ANTIBIOTICS. Antibiotics accounted for over one quarter of all pediatric prescriptions in America two years ago --- and this actually represented a slight decrease. If you want to understand why antibiotics ruin your health, click the link above. Oh; the DEPRESSION DRUGS are exploding as well.
Among the adult population, we are taking an average of ten prescriptions per person per year. This means that for every person like myself who does not take prescription drugs, there is someone out there taking 20 prescriptions per year. It's not that there is not a time and a place for medicine. It's just that simple common sense analysis of the statistics clearly indicate that we are being lied to. And why are we being lied to? That's an easiest question to answer of all. Money. If you still believe that today's Corporate Medical Community and Big Pharma have your health and best interests at heart (HERE), I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I am thinking of putting on the market........
GUT HEALTH & ITS RELATIONSHIP TO OVERALL HEALTH
Amazingly enough, Bayliss and Starling were then able to stimulate peristalsis without any messages from the dog's Central Nerve System. Although people have always known that the gut was related to thoughts and emotions (they just had that "Gut Feeling" about it), the work of these two scientists gave us the first hard evidence that the gut could act as its own brain. This other nervous system is called the Enteric Nervous System, and is often times referred to as "The Second Brain".
How does this mostly forgotten / ignored information affect you and your family? Gut Dysfunctions are literally exploding across the culture. Some of these are the obvious. Things like IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME, Crohn's Disease, full-blown CELIAC DISEASE or equally debilitating but mostly ignored, GLUTEN SENSITIVITIES --- all things that are easy to grasp as far as their relationship to gut function is concerned.
However, there are an array of more complex health problems related to GUT HEALTH. I have written about most of these quite extensively. They include a vast healthcare wasteland of AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES. But the nightmare does not stop there. FIBROMYALGIA / CHRONIC FATIGUE, all sorts of Neurological Conditions, and even behavioral issues such as ADD / ADHD, and AUTISM (for fun, Google "Autism Gluten" and see what you get) are being linked to poor gut function in today's scientific medical literature.
Is your doctor talking to you about this cutting edge research, and the fact that there is a strong relationship between gut health and overall health? Are you joking me? Your doctor is going to prescribe you or your child yet another round of ANTIBIOTICS, while ignoring the fact that these and other drugs are destroying your Immune System, your ability to make neurotransmitters, your ability to fight off DYSBIOSIS, as well as your ability to digest / absorb / and utilize the nutrition found in the food you eat. In fact, the gut should be the center of healthcare --- all healthcare. The medical community used to understand this. Go back 40 or 50 years, and everyone who was admitted to the hospital for any reason got an enema. Why? The medical community still realized that if the bowel was clean, a person had a better chance of healing --- no matter what their problem was.
So, why do doctors continue down this same old path of ignoring the gut, even though all of the research pointing to the relationship between gut health and overall health is coming from their own medical institutions, universities, and scientific journals? Can anyone say M-O-N-E-Y? Don't ever kid yourself --- there is big money in drugs ---- especially lifetime-drugs. Or drugs that wreck your health, leading to yet more doctor visits and more drugs. This is why Big Pharma, who ultimately controls the practice of medicine, will fight tooth and nail to keep this information out of the hands of the average work-a-day physician! What information are they suppressing from you the patient. For one, they are not telling you that antibiotics are one of the single most destructive drugs that you can possibly ever put in your body because they SUPPRESS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM. But there are others --- many others. Just another one of the beauties of EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE.
- 80% of the Immune System is found in the gut. There is an old saying that says, "As the gut goes, so goes the rest of the body". This is too true. There is no conceivable way to be healthy with an unhealthy gut and GI Tract. SEE HERE
- The bacteria (flora) in the gut outnumber our body's cells by a factor of 10, and includes hundreds --- maybe thousands of different species. Although new species are still being identified all the time, your gut contains numerous species of bacteria. This is why simply taking a single bug --- "Acidophilus" (the name of one of the most common of these) after a round of antibiotics simply does not cut it in most cases. SEE HERE
- The gut produces neurotransmitters --- just like the brain does. Even the medical community understands that when you have stress, you get sick. We need to go a step beyond this and understand why the gut is actually called "The Second Brain". For example, nearly 100% of people with Fibro meet the criteria that would categorize them as having Clinical Depression. Over half of these will have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Does this sound like an overt relationship? Sure it does! By the way, 90% of your body's serotonin is made in the Gut (HERE).
- Research tells us that stress and anxiety alone can cause major changes in the gut's normal flora. There are studies that prove that simply changing the flora in mice can change their energy levels, emotions, ability to react, motor skills, and overall health status. Think this information might have some big ramifications on your health? The very latest statistics tell us that, “Up to 90 percent of the doctor visits in the USA may be triggered by a stress-related illness, says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.” Even if we use stats that are 4 decades old, that number is 70-75%.
- Food sensitivities have been shown to cause neurological and emotional problems such as Clinical Depression, Bipolar, Panic, Anxiety, and many others. If you have spent any time on ENDOGUT, or read our information about GLUTEN SENSITIVITY and its relationship to AUTOIMMUNITY, you are already versed in this. HERE is the information on Depression.
CAN LOW CARB DIETS "CURE" DIABETES
For a man who's been diagnosed with diabetes, you'd never guess that about Steven Cooksey. His life choices fly directly in the face of the American Diabetes Association's recommendations for people living with the disease. He maintains a low-grain/low-carbohydrate diet, commonly known as the Paleo diet, and as a result is in fantastic health. Incredibly, because of his dietary decisions, Cooksey no longer requires insulin injections (on his website, he states that before adopting the paleo diet he was taking four insulin shots a day). With those kind of seemingly miraculous results, it's no surprise that Cooksey wanted to share his story and hopefully help others with what he's learned through his own research and experience.
While trying to help others, Cooksey also has no problem making his disagreements with the ADA known. However, little did he know that by blogging about his success in maintaining his diabetes with the Paleo diet while also lambasting the ADA for its dietary policies would lead to him becoming a target for government censorship.
What's the solution? Cooksey used the PALEO DIET. I recommend it as part of a BIGGER PROGRAM.
Dr. Schierling completed four years of Kansas State University's five-year Nutrition / Exercise Physiology Program before deciding on a career in Chiropractic. He graduated from Logan Chiropractic College in 1991, and has run a busy clinic in Mountain View, Missouri ever since. He and his wife Amy have four children (three daughters and a son).
Brain Based Therapy
Can You Help
Cardio Or Strength
Cold Laser Therapy
Death By Medicine
Degenerative Joint Disease
D's Of Chronic Pain
Evidence Based Medicine
Gluten Cross Reactivity
Ice Or Heat
Jacks Fork River
Leaky Gut Syndrome
Number One Health Problem
Platelet Rich Therapy
Post Surgical Scarring
Re Invent Yourself
Rib And Chest Pain
Scar Tissue Removal
Sleeping Pills Kill
Stay Or Go
Stretching Post Treatment
Tensegrity And Fascia
The Big Four
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Whole Body Vibration