Although CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENTS by themselves, or coupled with TISSUE REMODELING are incredibly (often times almost unbelievably) effective for helping with a wide variety of problems (just read our TESTIMONIAL PAGE), there is not a treatment on the planet that is effective in each and every case. Although my track record with all kinds of conditions has improved substantially over twenty years of dealing with Chronic Pain Patients (see PROBLEMS WE HELP PEOPLE WITH), I would never hope to try and have you believe that I fix everyone that I treat.
If you are reading this page, you are probably wondering where to turn next. Allow me to suggest a few options.
- MORE DIAGNOSTIC TESTING: Although sometimes this is vitally necessary, most of the patients that I treat for Chronic Pain have been through more diagnostic tests than they can shake a stick at — often, many times over. No matter how good technology is, there are many health problems that defy modern medicine and simply don’t show up well (or at all) using the high tech tests of today’s medical system (HERE is an example). However, there are any number of diagnostic tests that are incredibly effective, yet dramatically different from those used by the medical community (THIS POST contain an example).
- ACUPUNCTURE: I was certified in Acupuncture over two decades ago by Dr. Jon Sunderledge (deceased) of the Chicago area. Acupuncture is powerful stuff! I actually saw (with my own eyes) an elderly woman cured of gangrene in both legs (multiple tennis ball sized lesions down to the bone) over a 9 month period, using nothing but Acupuncture (2x / day — 7 days / wk). I have a Mens-O-Matic that I used for this purpose (Electric Acupuncture), but in all honesty, after I started doing Tissue Remodeling well over a decade ago, I found I rarely needed Acupuncture to treat many of the problems on THIS LIST.
- TOTAL LIFESTYLE MAKEOVER: If you are struggling with Chronic Pain, I would strongly suggest that you change your lifestyle. Once you understand that virtually all disease has a COMMON ORIGIN, this route makes much more sense. The really cool thing is that I have provided you a page for getting started with this change (HERE). You cannot tackle this bullet point without understanding GUT HEALTH.
- COLD LASER THERAPY: The back room of my office’s basement is filled with “junk” therapy equipment. I have an Ultrasound Machine, TENS Units, Electrical Stimulation Machine, and who-knows-what-else. It has sat there gathering dust for nearly two decades for one good reason. None of it works well. Oh, it might make a patient feel temporarily better, but as far as promoting real healing; it’s just not effective (or cost effective). However, there is a new technology that is proving quite interesting — Cold Laser. It is truly amazing! Cold laser creates no heat, yet penetrates about 1 to 1.5 inches below the body’s surface to stimulate photo-receptors. Photo-receptors are cells which, when stimulated by light frequencies between 600 -850 nanometers, cause the cell’s mitochondria to create ATP. In plain English, when the Laser stimulates deep tissue light-receptors, the body creates energy in that particular area. This is a big (really, really big) deal because the extra energy can be used by the body for cellular detox, cellular repair, or regeneration. In late 2010, I purchased a Cold Laser. I bought it to use on my hands because of the beating they have taken from 20 years of adjusting patients. I do not use anything with patients that I do not believe in myself. Cold Laser Therapy works! For more information, visit COLD LASER CURE.
- UPPER CERVICAL SPECIFIC CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENTS: There are a few chiropractors around (Springfield is the nearest to us) who do nothing but adjust the top two bones of the neck — very specifically. The top two bones of the neck (Atlas / Axis) are the most important of the spine as far as the nerve system is concerned. I check them on virtually everyone I treat. Subluxation of the Atlas (C1) or Axis (C2) can cause all sorts of crazy and seemingly unrelated problem. I recently got a testimonial concerning a 60 year old’s hearing returning after an adjustment I delivered to his Atlas four years ago. I did not even know he was deaf because he is a pretty good lip reader. Oh, and by the way; he was deaf for 42 years prior to his first adjustment (HERE).
- BRAIN BASED THERAPY / FUNCTIONAL NEUROLOGIST: This is based on the work of the most brilliant neurologist to ever walk the earth; DR. TED CARRICK. BBT is some of the coolest stuff you have ever seen in your life! There are a limited number of practitioners doing this work because the commitment (time, finances, study) are so significant. If however, you have TYPE III CHRONIC PAIN (the kind of pain that is being caused by a malfunctioning Central Nervous System), Brain Based Therapy could very well be your only hope. To understand why this option is so valuable, check out some of my BRAIN-BASED POSTS.
- SURGERY: I have seen people put off surgery to the point where it becomes extremely detrimental to their health. I am definitely an avoid-surgery-at-all-costs kind of person. However, there are times when surgery is not just the best option, but the only option. The problem is that far too many people jump into this option first instead of last.
I truly believe that out there somewhere, there is an answer for almost any / every conceivable health problem that you might be struggling with ---- short of Rigor Mortis. It’s just a matter of finding the right person to treat you.
In my clinic, if I do not believe that I can help you, I will tell you up front. If I think that there is a possibility that I can help you, I will tell you that also. We can then proceed as mutually decided upon. If I believe there is a high probability that I can help you, I will tell you that as well. If, however, we are not seeing the sort of improvement that two decades of practice tells me we should be seeing within a certain time frame, we will either change tactics and go to plan B, or I will suggest that you see someone else.
If I tell you that you need to see someone else, it is not because I don’t like you. It is because, for whatever reason, I am not helping you like I think I should be. At anytime before, during, or after treatment, you have concerns, problems, or questions, CONTACT ME. If I can help you, I will. If I do not have the answer, I will do my best to point you to someone who might.
At Schierling Chiropractic, LLC, our goal is to see you as healthy, active, and pain-free as possible. We will do our best to meet that goal with each and every patient we treat, whether that is done by me or by someone else.
Dr. Russell S. Schierling
My goal is to help chronically ill and chronic pain patients get their lives back. If you know someone who needs to get their life back, turn them on to our site. While you are at it, help us spread the word by liking us on FACEBOOK.