So, if you are a person who wants to avoid the medications that we dealt with in YESTERDAY'S BLOG, what can you do? Fortunately, there are an array of things that one can do for pain relief. Just remember that most of these are not immediate, and will actually require work on your part. You cannot continue to live like you have been living and hope to gain control of your pain. However, it is the only way you are going to truly get a handle on your chronic pain.
SIMPLE STEPS TOWARD LIVING A LIFE WITH LESS PAIN:
It's all about lifestyle. Are you going to keep doing and eating the things that are causing you pain? Or are you going to buck up, take charge of your life, and do what it takes to deal with pain naturally? Are you willing to make some lifestyle changes?
- DON'T SMOKE: Folks, this one is a no-brainer. Hemoglobin carries Oxygen to the various parts of your body. It is 300 times more attracted to carbon monoxide (car exhaust, cigarette smoke) than oxygen. This means that you starve every cell in your body for oxygen if carbon monoxide is present. If you are not yet aware of just how important a role OXYGEN THERAPY can play in healing processes, you need to do a little reading. Studies have also shown that in identical twins, the one that smokes has significantly more degenerative arthritis of the spine and discs. Quit the cigarettes --- but DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.
- MAINTAIN A PROPER WEIGHT: This one is also a no-brainer. Excess weight puts excess pressure on your joints. There have been hundreds upon hundreds of studies showing that Obesity wears out joints at much higher rate than it does people with normal weight. This is only one aspect of the relationship between obesity and pain. To learn more, take a look at our numerous posts on WEIGHT LOSS.
- GO LOW CARB: Grain is INFLAMMATORY ---- very inflammatory! If you will back way off of the amount of grains that you consume, you will likely see a change in not only your weight, but in your overall health (and pain) as well --- that is, unless you are GLUTEN SENSITIVE --- then you will have to give up the grain altogether. America was duped into following the grain-based Food Pyramid for decades. It's time for a CHANGE. I would recommend that you try the PALEO DIET for one month and see what happens.
- GET THE RIGHT DIETARY FATS: The fats you eat will either drive INFLAMMATION, or they will inhibit it. To learn more about which fats to eat, and which fats to avoid, take a moment and read about PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE FISH OIL & visit HERE.
- EAT WHOLE FOODS: If it is processed, packaged, or contains ingredients that you cannot pronounce, avoid it. Instead, load up on fresh vegetables and healthy sources of protein. MORE INFORMATION.
- DO SOME KIND OF EXERCISE EVERY DAY: Movement is life. Loss of joint motion causes deterioration, and deterioration causes loss of joint motion. If you want to live a long, healthy life, make 15 to 30 minutes of exercise a regular part of your day! I am a big believer in STRENGTH TRAINING OVER CARDIO TRAINING.
- MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT CAUSED BY SCAR TISSUE: This is a biggie! Hidden scar tissue is one of the biggest, most misunderstood, and ignored health problems facing Americans today. If you want to get an idea of what I am talking about here, please check out a couple of our VIDEO TESTIMONIALS or our FASCIA PAGE. These are real people who struggled with real pain ----- just like you! Scar Tissue Remodeling has been a life changer for them. For more information, visit our SCAR TISSUE REMODELING PAGE.
- TRY A COLD LASER: Cold Laser is one of only two therapy modalities that I use in my clinic (the other is a Microcurrent Unit by MENS-O MATIC). COLD LASER boosts the production of cellular energy by triggering the Mitochondria to produce more ATP. You do not need to understand how it works, just that it works.
- FOR PAIN RELATED TO SPINAL DISCS, SPINAL DECOMPRESSION THERAPY: This is one of the hottest things to come down the pike in recent memory. All I can say is "Wow"! If you or a loved one is dealing with chronic back pain, disc herniations, or disc degeneration, get on our SPINAL DECOMPRESSION MISSOURI website and learn about this amazing new technology ---- a technology geared toward preventing BACK SURGERIES that rarely seem to work as claimed.
- EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN: Can chronic pain be all in your head? It sure can (HERE). To understand a little bit more about the relationship between the brain and chronic pain, please visit BRAIN-BASED THERAPY, MISSOURI.
- FOR THOSE SUFFERING WITH FIBROMYALGIA; STUDY IT & UNDERSTAND IT: Although many people will tell you otherwise, Fibromyalgia is real. As real as a heart attack! If neither you nor your doctor have any real idea what Fibromyalgia is, how in the world do you hope to conquer it? For more information, visit DESTROY FIBROMYALGIA.