HOW VACCINE DAMAGE DENIERS TIP THE SCALES IN BIG PHARMA'S FAVOR
"Eczema joins the list of inflammatory conditions linked to cardiovascular risk. There is growing evidence that people with severe chronic inflammatory diseases may be at higher risk of cardiovascular disease, independent of more traditional cardiovascular risk factors." From a paper in the British Medical Journal published three short months ago (Atopic Eczema and Cardiovascular Disease)
"There are many different types of eczema according to various sources. Contact Dermatitis, Dishydrotic Eczema, Hand Eczema, Neurodermatitis, Nummular Eczema, Stasis Eczema/Dermatitis and Seborrheic Dermatitis, Scalp Eczema, or Cradle Cap." From Dr. Stephanie Davis' April 2017 article, Eczema: The Autoimmune Disease Everyone Seems To Be Overlooking
"Atopic dermatitis and the immune system. Immune system disorders are disorders in which the body’s immune system is either too active or too inactive. In the case of autoimmune disorders, the body’s immune system is too active, causing it to attack and damage itself. Inflammation is a classic sign of an autoimmune disease. Inflammation represents the body’s attempt to heal itself and repair damaged tissue. Underlying chronic inflammation is a major component of atopic dermatitis... It also contributes to the clinical features of other inflammatory skin diseases such as the autoimmune disease scleroderma. The condition [eczema] is autoimmune in nature. This year, researchers discovered that an overactive immune system skewed toward allergy actually alters lipid formation in the skin of eczema patients, which affects the skin’s barrier." From Sarah Hackley's May 2018 article, Is Atopic Dermatitis an Autoimmune Disease?
Two and a half decades ago, the NVIC was doing surveys showing that only 1 in 40 physicians ever report to VAERS --- the government's Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System. Let that sink in a moment. 1 in 40. Study after study after study verifies that this has not improved, with adverse events to all drugs only being reported about 1% of the time; a phenomenon widely known in the SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL COMMUNITY as "UNDERREPORTING". Along with things like making your studies "invisible" or simply "abandoning" them (HERE are numerous examples), it's one of the chief ways that industry skews statistics to make their products and services appear safer and more effective than they really are.
And if you rock the boat concerning vaccine safety or the use of common vaccine ingredients like aluminum adjuvants (HERE) or MSG, may God have mercy on your career (HERE or HERE). What ultimately happens is that both patients and physicians have become increasingly muzzled as far as their ability (or in the case of physicians, their desire) to report adverse events. Sure, you as a patient can always go to any of the numerous sites on the world-wide web that deal with this sort of thing. But face it; too many people believe they are strictly for nut jobs and conspiracy theory advocates. Allow me to show you an all-too-common example of Vaccine Damage Denying that I got from "Lori" via a heartbreaking email this past weekend (I chose her case to do a CASE HISTORY ON). Lori lives in a large Midwestern city.
Hello Dr Schierling,
I was wondering if you work with toddlers? I have a 17 month old daughter who has already had a long health history. I am looking for someone who can give me guidance in healing her.
Her health issues started after her 2 month vaccinations. Less than 24 hours after her scheduled 2 month vaccinations, she went septic. The hospital diagnosed her with UTI related sepsis. I think she was vaccine injured. She was then placed on broad spectrum IV antibiotics for 3 weeks.
After we came home, she developed SEVERE eczema (head to toe weeping eczema). She never slept and itched chronically. She would wake up bloody all the time. I was unable to find a physician that agreed to stop vaccinating her despite my efforts in trying to explain how it affects her. With each vaccination it got worse. I finally decided to stop bringing her in to wellness checks because I didn't want her vaccinated further.
I've brought her to several pediatricians, dermatologists, and allergists. They all just wanted to put steroids on her from head to toe and to give her antibiotics. I refused. I later started doing my own research and started learning about gut dysbiosis. Since I was breastfeeding her, I completely changed my diet to a bland whole foods diet and started giving her probiotics. Her skin started improving and then she started to thrive. I thought I was on a good path.
Then i started weaning her off my breast milk (at 16 months) and that's when we started to face a even more devastating problem. She started to have seizures. I'm really lost and really want to help my daughter. Do you think you can help?
First off Lori, I work with toddlers but not in the capacity you are looking for. You may need to take her to a FUNCTIONAL NEUROLOGIST (for the seizures) who is versed in FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE as well. Once you understand what sorts of chemicals are purposefully put in vaccines (be sure and read MSG link above for a complete CDC list), it's easy to see why DYSBIOSIS occurs. The problem was then compounded when your daughter became septic and they hit her with the heavy artillery --- the very thing that most-causes dysbiosis --- antibiotics. And in her case, a massively heavy dose.
To my readers who are new parents, grandparents, or just plain interested in health, I have a suggestion. Read pediatrician, Robert Mendelsohn's, timeless classic, HOW TO RAISE A HEALTHY CHILD IN SPITE OF YOUR DOCTOR. He talks at length about several aspects of child and infant healthcare, including ANTIBIOTICS and VACCINES (FLU VACCINE also). Why do you need to be versed in these topics? Because of what you are starting to hear from many of the medical mouthpieces --- Dysbiosis drives vaccine failure. In other words, the reason your child's vaccine is not working properly is because he / she does not have the proper bacteria in their gut. Here is some of the evidence for this way of thinking.
- "Bifidobacterium predominance may enhance thymic development and responses to both oral and parenteral vaccines [shots] early in infancy, whereas deviation from this pattern, resulting in greater bacterial diversity, may cause systemic inflammation (neutrophilia) and lower vaccine responses. Vaccine responsiveness may be improved by promoting intestinal bifidobacteria and minimizing dysbiosis early in infancy." From the August 2014 issue of Pediatrics (Stool Microbiota and Vaccine Responses of Infants)
- "Human health is undeniably dependent on the vast number of commensal microorganisms that inhabit the gut. Yet we have only recently begun to understand the mechanisms by which these microbes impact host immunity against infection and disease. What determines vaccine efficacy (at the individual level) is largely unknown. Decades of vaccine research have shown that several factors may affect vaccine efficacy, including genetic background, prior exposure to antigen via natural infection or vaccination and nutritional status. A growing body of evidence now suggests that gut microbiota may also play an important role in determining vaccine efficacy." From the April 2015 issue of Review of Vaccines (Is the Gut Microbiome Key to Modulating Vaccine Efficacy?)
- "Probiotics comprise bacterial genera thought to provide a health benefit to the host. The intestinal microbiota has profound effects on local and extra-intestinal end organ physiology. As such, we further posit that the adjuvant administration of dedicated probiotic formulations can encourage the intestinal commensal cohort to beneficially participate in the intestinal microbiome-intestinal epithelia-innate-cell mediated immunity axes and cell mediated cellular immunity with vaccines aimed at preventing infectious diseases whilst conserving immunological tolerance." From the December 2017 issue of Vaccines (Adjuvant Probiotics and the Intestinal Microbiome: Enhancing Vaccines and Immunotherapy Outcomes)
- "Antibody-mediated responses play a critical role in vaccine-mediated immunity. However, for reasons that are poorly understood, these responses are highly variable between individuals. Using a mouse model, we report that antibiotic-driven intestinal dysbiosis, specifically in early life, leads to significantly impaired antibody responses to five different adjuvanted and live vaccines. Our results demonstrate that, in mice, antibiotic-driven dysregulation of the gut microbiota in early life can modulate immune responses to vaccines that are routinely administered to infants worldwide." From the May issue of Cell Host & Microbe (Early-Life Antibiotic-Driven Dysbiosis Leads to Dysregulated Vaccine Immune Responses in Mice)
- "Both undernutrition and GI infection have been shown to profoundly affect the microbiota, inducing ‘dysbiosis’ characterized by narrowed bacterial diversity and increased frequency of bacterial clades associated with the induction of inflammation. Recent studies have demonstrated that the microbiota exerts a profound effect on the development of mucosal immune responses. Therefore, it seems likely that oral vaccine failure in resource-poor regions is affected by alterations to the immune response driven by dysbiotic changes to the microbiota." From the June issue of Clinical Science (Role of Nutrition, Infection, and the Microbiota in the Efficacy of Oral Vaccines)
There are any number of others including last month's study in Nature Immunology (Dysbiosis Shapes Vaccine Responses). What do these studies really tell us? Do they provide a so-called ah ha moment as far as bettering our collective health is concerned? Of course not. They tell us only what we already know --- that when the health of the Gut is fouled, every single aspect of one's health is at risk. Once you realize that 80% of your body's entire immune system is made up of bacteria that live in the gut (HERE), it's not difficult to understand why. After all, it's no longer news that GUT BACTERIA "TRAIN" THE IMMUNE SYSTEM (or HERE).
But the deeper question here remains largely undealt with by treating physicians --- where is the dysbiosis largely coming from? I say largely because even though it's far and away the number one causative factor, there are things other than antibiotics that can cause dysbiosis in infants. For instance, a study published in last month's issue of Annals of Nutrition & Metabolism (Dysbiosis in Children Born by Caesarean Section) warned of something I showed you well over five years ago (HERE).
"The rate of Caesarean-section delivery in the United States has increased by 60% from 1996 through to 2013 and now accounts for over 30% of births. The gut microbiota plays a critical role in infant immune and metabolic development, and the mode of delivery is a major determinant of early life exposure and colonization. The human gastrointestinal tract is essentially uncolonized in utero, so exposure to microbes during delivery and in the environment immediately following birth is key to the establishment of the microbiota. In the case of vaginal delivery, the infant is in contact with maternal vaginal and enteric contents. Vaginally delivered infants are colonized with microbes, which have been identified in vaginal and fecal samples from adult mothers. Microbial dysbiosis during pregnancy is often associated with complications that can indicate Caesarean-section delivery, such as preterm birth, extremes of maternal body mass index (BMI), infection, extremes of infant size, and gestational diabetes. Birth via Caesarean section interrupts the normal pattern of microbial colonization; infants are no longer exposed to maternal vaginal or enteric microbes during birth. Instead, Caesarean-section-delivered infants are dominated by human skin and oral bacteria, including Staphylococcus and Streptococcus. The gut microbiota is intimately associated with training the innate immune system, and its disruption in early life can result in infections, sepsis, and systemic immune and metabolic disorders, which influence lifelong disease risk. Microbial dysbiosis caused by Caesarean-section delivery has been associated with an increased risk of conditions such as asthma, obesity, food allergies, eczema, type 1 diabetes, systemic connective tissue disorders, juvenile arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and leukemia."
I showed you this study because I want you to notice something. I want you to notice that dysbiosis is heavily associated with AUTOIMMUNITY (the body attacking self). By clicking each provided link, you can specifically see that ASTHMA, T1D, (MCTD's such as Raynaud's, Lupus, Scleroderma, etc... all found HERE), JRA, IBD, etc, etc, etc, are all autoimmune diseases. And guess what; so is eczema, which is also known as Atopic Dermatitis ---- "atopy" is the name for the condition where people are hyper-allergic to everything they're exposed to. Not surprisingly, both eczema and atopy are associated with immune system hyper-activation, a hallmark of autoimmunity.
According to the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (Dupilumab Improves the Molecular Signature in Skin of Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis), researchers were able to figure out that eczema is autoimmune by creating a drug that blocks certain protein markers associated with INFLAMMATION, thereby improving its symptoms. Before you get too excited, however, you should be aware that this class of drugs, known as biologics (they usually end with "mab"), while often quite effective, work by SUPPRESSING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM (the most well known of these is probably Humira, aka adalimumab). As you can imagine, there are some potentially ugly side effects that can happen when the immune system is suppressed (can anyone say increased levels of infections and CANCER?). As a side note, do not think for one moment that "BOOSTING" the immune system is the answer either.
Listen to what this study from the Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism (Atopic Dermatitis: Global Epidemiology and Risk Factors) said of eczema; "Atopic dermatitis affects up to 20% of children." Did you catch that? As many as 1 in 5 children suffer the effects of eczema, which is characterized by itchy and "LEAKY" skin (the epithelial barriers are compromised). Treatment of choice is exactly what I mentioned earlier --- immune system suppression, almost always in the form of CORTICOSTEROIDS, creams and in some cases, injections (for the record, MY BRO --- an MD with two decades of experience --- says that cortisone creams almost always perpetuate dermatological problems, ultimately making them worse). In other words, most docs never even attempt to get at the root of the problem. And what is the root of the root of the problem?
Before I tackle that question, allow me to address the opposite of the thought process we spoke of earlier --- that dysbiosis is what ultimately drives infant vaccine efficacy and reactivity (if you could ever get anyone to admit there was a vaccine reaction in the first place). Even though the medical community hates to talk about it, vaccine reactions drive dysbiosis. Not only did I show you this back in my six year old post titled "AUTISM COMMERCIALS," but the venerable Dr. Alex Velasquez has something to say on the topic as well. Just remember that even though his article pertains to AUTISM, we know that autistics not only have a plethora of Gut issues (HERE and HERE), but are far more likely to suffer skin conditions like eczema. For instance, a meta-analysis of "18 studies assessing the association between ASD and AD" was published in a 2015 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology (Association Between Atopic Dermatitis and Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Systematic Review). The five Italian researchers concluded that.....
"Atopic dermatitis (AD) is an allergic disorder caused by both immunological dysregulation and epidermal barrier defect. Several studies have investigated the association between AD and mental health disorders. Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are a heterogeneous group of neurodevelopmental conditions characterized by impairments in social communication and restricted, stereotyped interests and behaviors. When all atopic disorders were considered when evaluating the risk of ASD, the association was strong... Overall, the results of this systematic review seem to reveal an association between ASD and AD, suggesting that subjects with ASD have an increased risk of presenting with AD compared with typically developing controls, and vice versa. This association is supported by clinical/epidemiological aspects, shared genetic background and common immunological and autoimmune processes."
Dr. Velasquez is not only a physician, but a chiropractor, naturopath, clinical nutritionist, and researcher. Last September, Dr. V published a paper called Autism, Dysbiosis, and the Gut-Brain Axis in ResearchGate. Listen to the overview of his paper --- a paper with nearly 200 sources in its bibliography. "This brief ebook substantiates the 'biological plausibility' that gastrointestinal dysbiosis contributes significantly to the autistic phenotype. The second section provides additional citations and justification regarding treatment and also exploring a possible interconnection between vaccination and the induction of gastrointestinal dysbiosis." Lest you think Dr. Alex is not on top of his game, check out the post I did on him destroying a recent study from the American Heart Association, who concluded that nutritional supplementation has little to no effect on heart disease (HERE).
As far as what needs to be done to reverse this; I am not giving you a list of things you should do. Instead, I'm telling you what I would do if something similar happened to a child in my family. Be aware that this list is short because I am not going to repeat everything ON THIS GENERIC PROTOCOL. Also be aware that not all of these points have been studied in infants and children, thus I cannot really recommend any of them other than to say do your own research.
- Firstly, I would probably continue nursing, or pumping and feeding via a bottle. For how long? I'm not really sure. Also be aware that COW'S MILK is heavily associated with eczema both anecdotally and in peer review.
- Secondly, I would seriously question future vaccinations and avoid antibiotics unless the situation were literally life-threatening.
- Thirdly, I would do an intensive study on FECAL MICROBIOTA TRANSPLANTS (not sure that there is much research on using this mode of treatment on youngsters).
- Fourthly, I would make myself a lay-expert on eczema, autoimmunity, vaccine reactions, seizures, etc. Not sure whether or not you are a stay-at-home mom, but if you spent an hour or two a day studying the topics I provided you here (no, not just on my site), it won't be long before you know more than your doctor on this topic.
- Fifthly, because of the seizures, be sure to look into the roll of the KETOGENIC DIET in stopping or slowing them down (HERE is the specific link). I have never done research into the effects of ketosis on children that young, but a ketogenic diet was the standard of care for halting seizures long before anti-seizure medication came on the scene. At the very least, increasing intake of good fats will be beneficial for both the brain and the eczema.
- Sixth, understand that when used by the medical community, the word "WELLNESS" is as bogus as it gets. In fact, in the context they use it in it is heavily associated with a phenomenon known as OVERDIAGNOSOS & OVERTREATMENT. It's what caused a friend of mine who is an MD to ask a rhetorical question in a discussion we were having, "why would you ever take a healthy baby to a doctor"? It's probably also why doctor Mendelsohn famously said that when it comes to your baby's health, "one grandmother is worth two medical doctors."
Instead of the medical community thinking like Dr Alex, let me show you where this thought process is headed. It's no mystery that ALTERATIONS IN ONE'S MICROBIOME (the type and ratios of bacteria both in and on you) lead to a myriad of problems, including autoimmunity (HERE). So instead of working to restore these as gently and naturally as possible, the medical community is now taking a their usual bull-in-the-China-closet approach. What do I mean?
In March of this year David Railton published an article in Medical News Today titled Could Targeting Gut Bacteria Prevent Autoimmunity? "In the study, researchers from Yale University discovered that bacteria in the small intestine can travel to other organs and induce an autoimmune response. Importantly, the team also found that this reaction can be treated by targeting the bacteria with an antibiotic or vaccine." Although it may come to that, treating SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) with antibiotics should be a last resort because of the massive side effect profile, including the fact that it was ANTIBIOTICS that likely caused it in the first place. And as for using vaccines to do this kind of work, be aware that the latest tend in vaccine development is to create vaccines that work by actually inducing autoimmunity (HERE). No, that was not a misprint.
In almost all disease states, a failure to deal with underlying GUT HEALTH issues (LEAKY GUT, YEAST OVERGROWTHS, PARASITES, SIBO, H.PYLORI, etc, etc, etc) likely means either the problem isn't going to get better, or it appears to get better for awhile, only to rear its ugly head later in life in similar (or maybe dissimilar) ways. Furthermore, autoimmune disease tend to travel in packs. For instance, eczema is not really a "SKIN PROBLEM," but an immune system problem. Once the immune system starts attacking self, all bets are off as to what other tissues it might decide to attack.
Even though the American Autoimmune and Related Diseases Association says there are approximately 100 known autoimmune disease (most sources say 80), realize that because there are literally tens of thousands of different cells, tissues, enzymes, proteins, etc, in your body, any of them can be attacked by your own immune system. However, most of these autoimmune conditions do not have names because in most cases they are still working on tests to determine what specifically is being attacked.
Finally, I'm not here to suggest that everyone has problems with vaccines, nor am I saying that vaccines are the only reason people get some of the problems that have been widely associated with them (LIKE THIS ONE). I am saying, however, that with the absurd numbers of "jabs" being forced on children whose parents follow the recommended schedule (not to mention the 300 VACCINES currently in R&D), today's children are getting dosed in ways that children from past generations did not. If you thought this was a worthwhile 15 minutes of your day, be sure to like, share or follow on FACEBOOK since it's a great way for you to reach the people you love and care most about. And may God bless you Lori in your endeavor to find solutions for your daughter.
Hi Dr. Schierling, I just want to thank you for taking the time to answer my concerns in a blog post. The information that you provided is very helpful and I will be taking your suggestions on how to go about caring for my daughter moving forward. I hope other mothers like me who are struggling to find answers for their sick babies will stumble across more people like you - someone who wants to educate the public about REAL health and wellness. Please continue to be so passionate about true health. Know that your response to me has made a good change for my daughter and probably many others. God bless you. "Lori"