CARPAL TUNNEL OR WRIST TENDINOSIS
I recently had a young patient drive about 16 hours to see me for problems he was having in his wrists / hands. He had grown up in (and was still involved with) a business that required him to use metal shears / tin snips (giant scissors used to cut sheet metal) on an almost daily basis. He had numbness, tingling, weakness, and pain in both of his hands. And his range of motion was so poor, that he could barely move the back of his hand toward his forearm. He had not been to any doctors, figuring it would be easier (and cheaper) to come see me first to see if I could help him. He was about 75% better after his first treatment. He returned about 2 months later for a second. He has no more problem.
PRAYER SIGN: A SIMPLE RANGE OF MOTION TEST
Although this individual was not yet 30, he had severe WRIST / FOREARM FLEXOR TENDINOSIS as well as FASCIAL ADHESIONS of the same area. In his case, it was not related to ELBOW TENDINOSIS. His wrists were so restricted that with his hands together, it looked more like an "A-frame". In about half an hour of working with him and breaking immense amounts of scar tissue and adhesion, not only was full range of motion restored to his wrists, but he could not reproduce pain or paresthesia. Was this CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME? Probably not --- yet. If you are curious as to whether I could help you with your specific hand / wrist / forearm problem, drop me a line. Our office can be reached at (417) 934-6337.
MEDIAL VIEWS OF THE FOOT (BOTH VIEWS ARE OF THE BIG TOE SIDE)
Ever since I can remember, I have either played football or been a huge fan of the game (college more than pro). I remember as a kid hearing injury reports saying that such-and-such would not be playing this week because of turf toe. In fact, if I remember correctly, it is the thing that finally caused Neon Dion's retirement from football. Because I didn't know better, turf toe ranked right up there with paper cuts, sprained lips, bruised eyelashes, and other 'boo boos' ---- at least that's what I used to think before I really understood the injury and began seeing cases of it.
Turf toe was named as such because the injury frequently occurred when players got their big toe jammed into the old fashioned kind of artificial turf (outdoor carpet over asphalt). The injury itself is a sprain of the First Metatarsal-Phalanges Joint (the large ball at the base of your big toe). This is the joint being used when you get up on the ball of your foot (your tiptoes). If the big toe gets cranked too much in either direction, up or down (flexion or extension), the ligaments will be injured. The result is an athlete who can barely walk, let alone use the big toe to push off or make cuts. Although our TISSUE REMODELING works wonders on turf toe that has had a week or two to heal, rest, ice, controlled motion, and COLD LASER are the best immediate options for the acute injury.
Why did I decide to do a blog on turf toe? It's easy. On the eve before Christmas Eve, Amy was coming down the stairs at my in laws house. The stair treads are very narrow and there were a couple of winter jackets that had somehow been left on the stairs next to the wall. She hit one and it took off like a bobsled. One leg went down stairs, one stayed where it was with the toe folded up underneath. I knew right away she was hurt. My wife has learned far more about turf toe than she ever hoped to.
DO GUN FREE ZONES REALLY MAKE PEOPLE SAFER?
What do you think? Do "Gun Free Zones" help make the American public safer? Although I have not done any hardcore research into the matter, it would seem that the majority of the mass shootings from the past several years have occurred in these supposed Gun Free Zones (schools, churches, malls, movie theaters, etc). As you might imagine, criminals --- particularly cowards bent on killing lots of (unarmed) people ---- view these 'Gun Free Zones' as their own personal Disneyland. And why not? Gun Free Zones are an ideal place to for them to carry out their demented plans, searing their names into our memories forever. We never sit around wondering why one of them doesn't try to take down a police station. The amount of undisturbed 'fun' they could look forward to would be short-lived to say the least.
The truth is, Gun Free Zones not only attract mass murderers like flies to a dung heap, they are based on a false premise. It sort of reminds me of the bumper sticker I used to see all the time as a kid, "When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will Own Guns". Don't people 'get it'? Gun Free Zones are like Christmas Day to these lunatics. They're exactly the sort of places that deranged killers are looking for. Get rid of Gun Free Zones! Citizens who take the time, energy, effort, and expense to get a CCL, are not the group of people we as a society need to be worrying about. It is absolutely ridiculous to designate an area as a Gun Free Zone and even assume to think that a little "No Guns Allowed" sign on the door is somehow going to curtail persons whose goal is to murder as many people as possible ----- before someone finally shows up to fire back.
Unless the specific area has plenty of armed security guards, the term Gun Free Zone is a moniker for 'Do what you want to us --- we are helpless to defend ourselves against armed attackers'. Instead of doing little more than spending lots of taxpayer dollars on security that can be easily breached by those who are even slightly familiar with the school; or running a few drills that include hiding students in coat closets and praying that armed assailants pass them by, let's tackle this problem head on. How could we best accomplish this here in Missouri? For starters, lets get rid of our Gun Free Zones in Howell County. For those employees of this school district who are interested (Teachers / Custodians / Administrators / etc), provide extra training for those who have their CCL's (Concealed Carry Licenses) ----- and let them carry.
I am not a lone voice in the wilderness on this issue.
WHY DO WE HAVE THE SECOND AMENDMENT WRITTEN
LEFT ILLIAC CREST
ABOVE: look how the Internal Oblique Muscle attaches to the Illium, clear down to the tip of the Illiac Crest called the ASIS. What is interesting is that at least three of the various layers of abdominal muscles (rectus abdominis, external oblique, internal oblique, transverse abdominis) have attachments to the Illiac Crest.
RIGHT: You can see that the Tensor Fascia Latae with its mega-long tendon (the ITB), as well as part of the Quadriceps Muscle, and the Sartorius Muscle, all attach to the Illicac Crest. These are some of the muscles that are collectively known as the "Hip Flexors".
RIGHT ILLIAC CREST
MISSOURI PAIN RELIEF
MOUNTAIN VIEW, MISSOURI
GREAT THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
CHRONIC PAIN RELIEF FOR THE SPRINGFIELD / BRANSON MISSOURI AREA
I just received an email from Massachusetts. Their family was recently in Branson and missed us because they did not realize we were so close. If you are visiting Springfield or Branson, please look us up. If you are struggling with any one of a number of CHRONIC PAIN SYNDROMES, it could be one of the most important decisions you'll ever make. Think I'm blowing hot air? Take a QUICK PEEK at what makes us different.
Mountain View is about an hour and a half from Springfield, and a half hour further from Branson. Why suffer when relief may be so close? Come visit me in Mountain View --- and MAKE A VACATION OF IT while you are here!
SEPARATING FACT FROM FICTION
FOR THIS MISERABLE PAIN IN THE BUTT
Yes, I realize that some of you will say that using the word 'epidemic' to describe Piriformis Syndrome is a bit over the top. I would strongly disagree. I call it an epidemic because despite the fact that for years its very existence has been questioned, the evidence points to the contrary. In fact, the most current research on the subject (from UCLA's School of Medicine) shows that Piriformis Syndrome is actually the number one cause of Sciatica in America today --- more common than disc (HERE). Yes; Piriformis Syndrome is real alright. For those who have suffered it's effects, it's a nightmare that's as real as a proverbial heart attack.
WHAT IS PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME?
ATTACHMENT POINTS OF THE PIRIFORMIS MUSCLE
ORIGIN OF THE PIRIFORMIS MUSCLE
The Piriformis Muscle originates at the front surface of the outer part of the mid-sacrum (tailbone). The picture below shows the "E" shape of the origin of the right Piriformis Muscle.
INSERTION OF THE PIRIFORMIS MUSCLE
The Piriformis Muscle's insertion is at the outer upper portion of the Greater Trochanter --- the large knob of bone on the outside portion of the hip just opposite the head (ball) of the femur
ORIGIN & INSERTION OF THE PIRIFORMIS MUSCLE
The Piriformis Muscle originates from the front part of the sacrum. It also happens to have attachments at the joint capsule of the the SACROILLIAC JOINT, as well as the SACROTUBEROUS LIGAMENT. It inserts on the upper part of the Greater Trochanter. Interestingly, its tendon is frequently intermingled with the tendons of the Superior and Inferior Gemellus Muscles, as well as the Obturator Internus. As you might imagine, these muscles all perform very similar duties.
According to Gray's Anatomy, the Piriformis Muscle is a small "Pear Shaped" (Piriformis actually means 'Pear Shaped') muscle. The Piriformis Muscle gets it's nerve supply from the nerve roots of the fifth lumbar as well as the first and second sacral levels.
Because the lowest Spinal Disc in your spine must withstand a great deal more mechanical pressure than the other discs in the spine, it is (in my experience) the most common place to see what I refer to as, "The Big Four" (DISC HERNIATIONS, DISC DEGENERATION, SPINAL STENOSIS, and FACET SYNDROME). Because these all seem to occur most commonly at the L5 vertebral / disc level, and because the nerve supply to the Piriformis Muscle just happens to come from that same level, it is fairly easy to mistake Piriformis Syndrome for back problem. I would love to tell you otherwise, but I've done it myself. Oh, one more thing that can throw a wrench in the machine as far as making an accurate diagnosis, is that all of the above problems can cause SCIATICA. We could even call this list the 'Big Five' because the Piriformis Muscle also happens to sit just below the SI Joint (it has attachment points to the joint capsule) and can be related to chronic Sacroilliac problems as well. Fouling things up even more is the issue of ASYMPTOMATIC DISC HERNIATIONS. I simple test to help give you some kind of idea about where your pain is arising from can be found HERE.
WHAT DOES THE PIRIFORMIS MUSCLE DO?
STRETCHING & STRENGTHENING IS A GREAT
FRONT-LINE TREATMENT FOR PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME
- HIP FLEXOR TIGHTNESS / TENDINOSIS: Problems with any muscles that attach directly to the pelvis can cause or contribute to Piriformis Syndrome. I frequently find HIP FLEXOR TENDON ISSUES in people with Piriformis Syndrome. These are usually, but not always related to overly tight Quads.
- GROIN TIGHTNESS OR TENDINOSIS: Problems with any muscles that attach directly to the pelvis can cause or contribute to Piriformis Syndrome. I have seen case after case of Piriformis Syndrome that started with groin pulls or other GROIN PROBLEMS.
- TIGHTNESS OR SCAR TISSUE IN THE TENSOR FASCIA LATA OR ITS TENDON ---- THE ILLIOTIBIAL BAND: Problems with any muscles that attach directly to the pelvis can cause or contribute to Piriformis Syndrome. ITB PROBLEMS are often related to Piriformis Syndrome.
- HAMSTRING TIGHTNESS / TENDINOSIS: Problems with any muscles that attach directly to the pelvis can cause or contribute to Piriformis Syndrome. If you look at any anatomy book, you'll notice that part of the hamstring attaches to the Sacrotuberous Ligament. CHRONIC HAMSTRING PROBLEMS (even sub-clinical ones) are often found hand in hand with Piriformis Syndrome.
Look for reduced range of motion in the hip joint. This is especially true of internal rotation. Any of the problems above can ultimately contribute to diminished internal rotation of the hip. This can cause or contribute to Piriformis Syndrome.
- A WEAK CORE: Core Strength affects virtually everything. To learn more about strengthening your core, just go HERE.
- HIGH OR LOW ARCHES: This goes hand in hand with the next bullet point. Your foot type is critical for determining what sort of shoe you need. High arches can cause supination of the feet as opposed to pronation. This causes people to walk on the outsides of their feet, leading to undue stress on the Piriformis Muscle, which, in turn, can lead to Piriformis Syndrome. HERE is more information on this subject.
- WHAT KIND OF SHOES ARE YOU WEARING TO RUN IN? I recently had a patient come to me for Piriformis Syndrome. This woman is a workout machine. She runs, she lifts weights, and she even leads fitness boot camps at her town's local Y. She had been told that she was a severe pronator (typically flat footed people pronate) and was wearing a 'Stability Shoe' (aka Dual Density Sole). The shoe is built with the outside portion of the sole softer so that flat footed people (who tend to walk on the insides of their feet) are pushed onto the outsides of their feet. As you might imagine, a supinator will have real problems in a Stability Shoe --- despite the fact that they rarely relate their problem to their shoe.
- WHAT KIND OF SURFACE ARE YOU RUNNING ON? Too many hills? Are you running on a sloped surface? Is it too hard? Is it too soft? Any of these can contribute to the development of Piriformis Syndrome.
- WHAT YOU EAT: Although many will pooh pooh this point,for many of you it could be the most critical of the bunch. If you want to understand how your diet could possibly be related to various CHRONIC PAIN SYNDROMES including Piriformis Syndrome, HERE and HERE are some posts for you to read.
PIRIFORMIS STRENGTHENING EXERCISES
ONCE YOU HAVE STRETCHED THE AFFECTED PELVIC MUSCLE(S), WHAT KIND
OF STRENGTHENING EXERCISES SHOULD BE UNDERTAKEN?
- SLIDE WALKING / LATERAL WALKING: Using the appropriate gauge of Theraband rubber tubing for resistance, loop it around both legs just above the knees. Now, get into a half-squat position (like you are playing defense in basketball). Slide Walk laterally in each direction ---- again; just like you were playing defense in basketball. This can be an especially valuable exercise for those with tight groin muscles.
- PIROUETTES: Lift your bad-side leg outward with the final positioning of your toes pointing towards the leg you are standing on. The end position is going to look like a poor man's pirouette. Do reps and sets accordingly.
- HIP ABBDUCTION / ADDUCTION: While standing upright, use a cable machine attached to your leg to both abduct the leg (take it away from center line) and adduct the leg (bring it back to center). You can accomplish the same thing using heavy Theraband materiel.
- THE SCISSOR: Lay on your side on the floor. Now raise both legs slightly off of the floor. Then raise the top leg as high as you can and bring it back down to the other leg ---- in a "scissor-like" motion.
- THE OYSTER: Lay on your side on the floor just like you were going to do a Scissor. You are going to do the exact same exercise while keeping your feet together. Instead of the exercise looking like a scissor, it will look more like an oyster repeatedly opening and closing.
WHEN YOUR HEADACHE MEDICATION CAUSES HEADACHES
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY HEADACHES ARE CAUSED BY THE 'REBOUND" EFFECT?
If you are having a lot of headaches and taking a lot of headache medications, you should automatically assume that you are dealing with Rebound Headaches. However, there are 'official' criteria for determining whether or not your headaches would be classified as 'Rebound' or not.
- If drugs like ergotamines, triptans, and opiods are taken for over ten days a month, for three consecutive months, you are said to have Rebound Headaches.
- If simple analgesics (Tylenol, Nuprin, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, Advil, etc, etc) are taken half the days of the month, for three straight months, you are dealing with Rebound Headaches.
THINGS TO DO FOR HEADACHES
- CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENTS: I cannot even begin to tell you how many patients that I have successfully treated over the years with various kinds of headaches. To understand more about this, go HERE.
- TISSUE REMODELING: If you are one of those people who gets relief from a Chiropractic Adjustment, but it does not seem to hold more than a few days (or even a few hours), there is a good chance that you are dealing with underlying scar tissue. Much of this is likely to be FASCIAL ADHESION due to some old ACCIDENT or injury. I wrote about the relationship between cervical (neck) ranges of motion and chronic neck pain / headaches A FEW DAYS AGO.
- CLEAN UP YOUR DIET: If you are consuming things like MSG, additives, preservatives, chemicals, and who-knows-what-else, it may be quite difficult to do anything with your headaches until you start eating better and drinking more water. The great things is that this step alone may resolve your headaches. HERE is more information on the subject. This diet aspect boils down to diminishing the chemicals your body makes that well collectively refer to as INFLAMMATION. Fail to understand Inflammation, you'll find it tough to help yourself.
- CONTROL YOUR BLOOD SUGAR: For people struggling with regular headaches, this is a critical step in the right direction ---- particularly for those who might be dealing with underlying hypoglycemia. You should be aware that Blood Sugar Dysregulation is being touted as a causal factor in almost every health problem you can name. Be aware that this can be a huge problem even in the absence of DIABETES.
- GET OFF GLUTEN: Gluten is problematic in all sorts of crazy ways. HERE is more information on the subject. Be aware that you may be sensitive to more foods than Gluten. Milk is a common one as well.
- MAKE THE DECISION TO EXERCISE: Regular exercise is good for you on many different levels. HERE is more information about doing it the right way.
Just remember that this list is by no means comprehensive. However, if you were to do the things on this list and still find yourself struggling with headaches, you might have an underlying BRAIN-BASED problem that requires special neurological testing (not just another brain scan) or metabolic testing.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION AND THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS WANT TO KEEP MERCURY IN VACCINATIONS
(Including the Flu Vaccine)
The American Academy of Pediatricians and World Health Organization wants mercury (thimerosal) ---- the single most toxic non-radioactive element on planet earth ----- to remain in vaccines as a preservative. Despite a UN-requested removal of mercury from vaccines back in 2009 (you'll soon see that they were not worried about children's health, but instead claimed it was an environmental hazard), the WHO clearly wants the mercury left in. Their stated goal is to make sure that, "access to thimerosal-containing vaccines is not restricted under this global initiative."
WE KNOW WHAT MERCURY IS; WHAT IS THIMEROSAL?
Thimerosal is nothing new. It has been used as an anti-bacterial / anti-fungal in vaccines since the 1930s. However, there is a rapidly-growing firestorm on the internet concerning the supposed safety of the vaccines made with mercury / thimerosal (HERE). Although most governmental agencies refuse to acknowledge the link (some European and oriental countries do); for me it could not be more in-your-face than it already is . When I have parent after parent after parent come to me over the past two-plus decades and tell me, "My child was normal until they had their shots --- now they have __________ (insert your own condition here ----- AUTISM, seizures, SYMPATHETIC DOMINANCE, AUTOIMMUNITY, learning disorders, BEHAVIORAL DISORDERS, DEPRESSION, etc, etc), we should realize that something is rotten in Denmark. The potential neurotoxic effects of mercury in vaccines is being all but ignored. Why? Just follow the money.
Based findings published by the FDA in the late 90's, it was confirmed that following the government's current shot schedule could exceed the threshold for mercury toxicity as set forth by the EPA. This, coupled with people like Dr. Amy Davis Wright, as well as congressional hearings, continued to drive public pressure for the government to do something about this problem. So, in 1999, the American Academy of Pediatricians along with the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS) said enough is enough, and asked congress to pass laws for the removal of mercury from childhood vaccines (Missouri was the third state in the nation to follow thru).
The good thing is that Thimerosal is no longer found in the childhood vaccines of developed countries like America. However, it is still frequently found in Flu Shots and other adult vaccines. Furthermore, the third world's vaccines still contain mercury. The WHO stated that, "Replacement of thimerosal with an alternative preservative may affect the quality, safety, and efficacy of vaccines; re-registration would be required by the National Regulatory Authority in each jurisdiction where a reformulated product was intended to be used; currently available alternative preservatives interacted in unpredictable ways with existing vaccines, and there are no consensus alternative preservatives for the near- or mid-term..... There would be a high risk of serious disruption to routine immunization programs and mass immunization campaigns if thimerosal-preserved multidose vials were not available for inactivated vaccines, with a predictable and sizable increase in mortality, for exceedingly limited environmental benefit" There it is folks --- just look at the last five words of the quote. But it should not surprise us. In an era where the environment is considered to be more important than people, the UN is far more worried about the damage to mother earth than what mercury does to the neurology of developing infants and children.
IT'S FLU SEASON ---- TIME FOR YOUR FLU SHOT
THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
SECRETS TO RAPID WEIGHT LOSS
As long as you are not in the throes of some sort of chronic underlying illness, weight loss is simpler than you ever dreamed possible. Dr. Russell Schierling
After all, the weight loss market is huge (no pun intended). This is because the average American is fat. As crazy as it sounds, approximately 70% of the American population is either overweight or obese. And that number approaches 80% if you factor in those who are SKINNY FAT. But it gets crazier. According to a recent NYT article, we are spending nearly fifty billion dollars on weight loss products annually (gulp!). Face it; people who are struggling to lose weight are an easy mark. They're desperate, and usually looking for something easy ---- something that unfortunately, simply doesn't exist. The truth of the matter is, there is no way to lose weight without some hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. But it doesn't have to be as tough as some would make it out to be. And it certainly doesn't have to be slow (HERE).
Remember though, that I am much more interested in teaching you how to live a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE than you using this information to lose 50 lbs for your HIGH SCHOOL REUNION or a trip to THE BEACH ---- and then putting it all back on because you FELL OFF THE WAGON. Forget the fad diets, starving yourself, the gimmicks, the sales pitches, the odd-ball exercise equipment, and the WEIGHT LOSS PILLS. Don't buy into people who want to sell you something so you can lose weight. With the right understanding of how the body works, you can do it essentially on your own, without spending boatloads of money. And like I said, if you do things the proper way, it does not have to be a long, drawn-out process.
WEIGHT LOSS SECRETS THAT BURN FAT
LIKE A ROCKET FUELED ENGINE
- GET AN ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER: Although an accountability partner cannot do it for you, they can help hold your fingers to the fire as far as staying on track with your workouts and eating habits are concerned. Sure, you can do it all on your own. But having someone to share your successes (and help keep from failing) is far more fun and rewarding. Keep in mind that your Accountability Partner does not have to be a training partner. This means that it can be a long-distance sort of thing, done via a combination of email and phone calls (my buddy Rick and I are raising money for orphans LIKE THIS).
- IF YOU CHOOSE TO EAT BREAKFAST, MAKE IT PROTEIN-BASED: It used to be considered a no-brainer to start your day with breakfast. We have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day ever since we were little kids. But some of this thought process is starting to change (HERE).
- DRINK WATER, AND LOTS OF IT: If you are still drinking lots of FRUIT JUICES (mostly sugar water) or DIET SODAS, you need to change your wicked ways. Keeping your body hydrated will help you burn fat --- not to mention, help keep you healthy.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT SOME OF THE CRAZY THINGS WILL NOT ONLY CAUSE YOU TO GAIN WEIGHT, BUT CAN CAUSE CHRONIC ILLNESS AS WELL: For instance, most people are unaware that MSG causes obesity (HERE). There are other things to learn that are equally important as far as getting pounds off and keeping them off is concerned (HERE).
There are all sorts of things you can do to lose weight. But if you want to do properly and rapidly, make absolutely sure that you are following the next three bullet points. These are the backbone of the program. Following these steps has led people like TRACY REIFKIND to lose 100 lbs in 100 days (not to mention my sister losing 100 lbs in seven months and essentially "curing" herself of five autoimmune diseases in the process --- HERE), and get in the shape of her life during the process. This is not a pipe dream, gimmick, or trick. It is something that you yourself can do. The quick results will help fuel your motivation to continue.
THE TOP THREE SECRETS TO RAPID AND PERMANENT WEIGHT LOSS
- ENGAGE IN A STRENGTH-BASED EXERCISE PROGRAM INSTEAD OF CARDIO-BASED EXERCISE PROGRAM: Thinking that Strength Training is going to make you big and bulky, while hour after hour spent slogging away on the treadmill or elliptical will burn off excess butter, is old-fashioned thinking. Quit worrying so much about your weight and focus more on body composition. Everything you ever wanted to know about STRENGTH TRAINING -vs- CARDIO TRAINING is in the link.
- CONTROL YOUR BLOOD SUGAR BY GOING LOW CARB: Fail to understand THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT, and you will not only fail at losing weight, your health will fail as well. This bullet point is truly the key to controlling both your weight and your ENDOCRINE SYSTEM. Sugar and refined carbs are highly Inflammatory (HERE), and if you want any hope at solving your weight issue, you'll have to solve your ADDICTIONS TO THE STUFF. For some of you, the low carb approach will not be enough to rigidly control inflammation. Fortunately for you there's the PALEO DIET.
- EAT HIGH QUALITY PROTEIN MORE OFTEN: Dr. Stuart White of Houston, Texas is one of the most respected WHOLE FOOD Nutritional Experts on the planet, not to mention one of the profession's most successful practitioners. At a recent lecture, I heard Dr. White tell 200 physicians that the number one way to control all ENDOCRINE PROBLEMS (FEMALE HORMONES, LOW TESTOSTERONE, THYROID, HYPOTHALAMUS, DIABETES, ADRENAL FATIGUE, SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION, OBESITY, etc, etc) is to not only make sure to eat a LOW CARB DIET, but to make sure and consume some high quality protein every two hours. Why is regulating your Endocrine System so critical for maintaining a healthy weight? Because every single problem listed above potentially causes or contributes to weight gain or an inability to lose weight --- not to mention it throws a monkey wrench in your ability to get and stay healthy.
If you find that you truly cannot lose weight following this program, there is likely some sort of underlying illness or metabolic problem going on. You may have some sort of Food Sensitivity (GLUTEN OR GLUTEN CROSS-REACTORS) or LEAKY GUT SYNDROME. Maybe you have PARASITES or a GUT DYSBIOSIS such as H. PYLORI or CANDIDA. You might be exposing yourself to BLACK MOLD on a daily basis, or you could have HEAVY METAL TOXICITY. If you have one of those who-knows-what-is-wrong-with-me sort of problems that your doctor cannot get a handle on, you may have to look for deeper solutions (HERE).
Dr. Schierling completed four years of Kansas State University's five-year Nutrition / Exercise Physiology Program before deciding on a career in Chiropractic. He graduated from Logan Chiropractic College in 1991, and has run a busy clinic in Mountain View, Missouri ever since. He and his wife Amy have four children (three daughters and a son).
Brain Based Therapy
Can You Help
Cardio Or Strength
Cold Laser Therapy
Death By Medicine
Degenerative Joint Disease
D's Of Chronic Pain
Evidence Based Medicine
Functional Problems Vs Pathology
Gluten Cross Reactivity
Ice Or Heat
Jacks Fork River
Leaky Gut Syndrome
Number One Health Problem
Platelet Rich Therapy
Post Surgical Scarring
Re Invent Yourself
Rib And Chest Pain
Scar Tissue Removal
Sleeping Pills Kill
Stay Or Go
Stretching Post Treatment
Tensegrity And Fascia
The Big Four
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Whole Body Vibration